Edwin Edwards Death – Obituary, Edwin Edwards Cause Of Death
Information reaching our news desk has it that, former Governor Edwin Washington Edwards peacefully passed away this morning at his home in Gonzales, La.
Edwin Edwards, aged 93, was the longest-serving governor in Louisiana history, He was LA’s only four-term governor because he had respiratory condition that had inflicted him in recent years.
He is survived by his wife, Trina with family and friends by his bedside.
According to sources, Edwin Edwards had given a speech before his demise, ”I have lived a good life, had better breaks than most, had some bad breaks, too, but that’s all part of it. I tried to help as many people as I could and I hope I did that, and I hope, if I did, that they will help others, too. I love Louisiana and I always will.”
- Edwin Washington Edwards was an American politician and member of the Democratic Party who served as the U.S. Representative for Louisiana’s 7th congressional district from 1965 to 1972 and as the 50th Governor of Louisiana for four terms, twice as many elected terms as any other Louisiana chief executive.
- Born: August 7, 1927, Marksville, LA
- Died: July 12, 2021
- Spouse: Trina Grimes (m. 2011), Candace Edwards (m. 1994–2004), Elaine Edwards (m. 1949–1989)
- Children: Eli Wallace Edwards, Stephen Edwards, Victoria Edwards, Anna Edwards, David Edwards
- Previous offices: Governor of Louisiana (1992–1996), Governor of Louisiana (1984–1988)
Tributes And Condolences
Tributes and condolences are being shared across social media timelines over the passing of Edwards. It is with a deep sense of loss that friends and families mourn their beloved one who has died unexpectedly.
It is in the spirit of this mourning that we extend our condolences to the family of Edwards and everyone affected by the passing.
BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) – Edwin Edwards, the longest-serving governor in Louisiana history, has passed away at the age of 93.
The former governor died peacefully Monday morning at his home in Gonzales, La. He was LA’s only four-term gov.
This picture was taken in Dec of 2013. pic.twitter.com/uQSSUir2Pd
— Jackie-OnAir (@OnairJackie) July 12, 2021
Edwin Edwards Obituary
The family’s privacy must be observed at this difficult time. This publication is a piece of noteworthy information only and does not serve as an obituary announcement for Edwards. The obituary would be officially released by the family. Details of the deceased burials, funeral, and other related ceremonies would rightfully be published by the family of the deceased in their chosen online platform.
Edwin Edwards In Lieu Of Flowers
In lieu of flowers, the information would be given by the Edwards family. If you have any important suggestions on this, kindly contact this website admin via E-mail, [email protected]